NOVEL CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) – Southandaman – Banner-2
There is enough of everything, everyday for everyone
Don’t Panic | Don’t Rush | Don’t Overstock
- Maintain at least 1 metre distance in market places, medical stores hospitals, etc.
- Have patience and keep calm while shopping for essential goods/medical supplies.
- Avoid frequent trips to the market to buy groceries/medical supplies.
- Avoid shaking hands and hugging as a matter of greeting.
- Avoid non-essential social gatherings at home.
- Don’t allow visitors at home or visit someone else’s home.
Observe Social distancing at all times
If you have symptoms like cough, fever or difficulty in breathing, avoid any king of exposure and immediately call the helpline numbers.
For information related to COVID-19
Call Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India’s 24×7 Control Room Number 1075 (Toll Free) | 011-23978046, Email at firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
COVID-19 testing – when and how?
All Individuals need not be tested, because
Disease is primarily reported in Individuals with travel history to the affected countries or close contacts of positive cases.
WHOM TO TEST
All symptomatic people who
- Have history of international travel in last 14 days.
- Had come in contact of confirmed cases.
- Are healthcare workers.
- Are hospitalized patients with Serve Acute Respiratory illness (SARI) or influenza Like illness (ILI) or severe pneumonia.
Asymptomatic direct and high-risk contacts of confirmed case should be tested once between day 5 and day 14 of coming in his/her contact. Direct and high-risk contact include:
- Those living in same household with a confirmed case.
- Healthcare workers who examined a confirmed case without adequate protection as per WHO recommendations
List of Labs (Govt. & Private) can be accessed at: icmr.nic.in